Friday 4 April 2014

An anthem



All good teams have an anthem… at Football matches they sing the National Anthem….I enjoy picking out the ones who cant sing (Rugby players tend to be better)…and the ones who don’t know the words (lets face it, being Einstein isn’t a qualification to kick a ball…I wont mention any names, I don’t want to put potential sponsors off…)

So I was thinking about potential anthems… songs that would stir the hearts of the masses… all very “Battle Song of the Republic”…then I moved on to songs which might give a sense of optimism… “Always look on the bright side of life” came to mind….I also thought about something to tug at the heart strings like “you got a friend in me”…I could have put in a clip up from Toy Story but decided not to because the slinky sausage dog wasn’t in it…

Anyway, I decided that I wanted to attract a bit more of the pink pound….its supposed to be worth a lot you know…so I went for something from Sound of Music….and I gather Dachshunds are very popular in Old Compton Street….



So hey, I am not a great singer, but at least I tried… The words that really touch me are:

“Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
Until you find your dream

A dream that will need
All the love you can give
Every day of your life
As long as you live”

It actually makes me feel quite emotional… follow the link to Jen, my co-riders story… read those words through that lens….

And then think of Pam, at home, frustrated by the infirmities of old age (sorry Pam, we have to admit you aren’t in the first bloom of youth). and read some of her story here

The dreams for Pam, Jen, the ABI clients, and the residents of Amarna House are for “as long as they live”. We have a lot to be grateful for. Help me, help them realise just some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment