Thursday 3 April 2014

Girl Power



Well, the first bit of girl power I want to highlight is…. What is a girl to do when she is being starved and peckish?... I think it is perfectly reasonable to put your nose into Shula’s bag, and snack on a sausage roll…. I mean, wasn’t it there for me?….it must have been….I am a sausage dog…the name’s a clue….

Then, the next bit of girl power…. Its one of the characteristics of a great team…is “maintaining communication while apart”…I love these theorists…. Why don’t they say “use the telephone”… for the baby boomers and x generation, at least…. that’s how we keep in touch with Pam…


So we rang her… and she was all breathless… for those of you who don’t know her, that’s not unusual, and its not because she has just finished her latest Zumba workout… and the question was… are you Ok, where were you?… which she came out with the immortal line… “I have just carried out that herculean task of rolling from one side of my bed to the other”…. She had TB when she was young, and is even shorter in the lung department than I am in the leg department… So girls, we have to look after each other don’t we.. No one would suggest with the Saharan dust, and 1950s smog, a chest infection and no lungs, she should leap, mountain goat like, on to a train and come to London….and I have to say she is not a woman to be trifled with… but sometimes us girls know when to lay down our swords and live to fight another day (unlike some men!)….

…. And that’s where girl power comes in again….

Jen Chandler has stepped up to the plate. Jen is a young woman… in the prime of her life, she was about to launch into a career as a riding instructor….she had finished her training… and then at 18 she was in a car crash and her life changed….

 
As you can see she is really competitive….she won the ABI Subbuteo competition…and now she is stepping in to Pam’s comfy seat on scooter….a trained riding instructor…. Will scooter know what has hit her….and what about me… I was expecting a demure Sunday morning stroll through the park (even that will be a challenge for David)… now, Jen may want to win…..I will need to think about some ear clips to stop them flapping….more knitting for Pam perhaps….

No comments:

Post a Comment