Monday 7 April 2014

Final Post

Well faithful readers… it's time for my last post on the blog….

I didn’t write anything yesterday, my paws were too sore  and after the travelling too and from London as well,  all I wanted to do was sleep.

Unlike the race at Sheffield we did at least manage to run. Like the boat race, it was ….wet….but unlike it, the lighter smaller entrant did not win…and I wasn’t ungracious and made an appeal…and argued with the judges…those young men…

I however changed my game plan considerably….

I did pose for a shot in the basket with Jen before the race as you can see.


However I decided to walk the whole way, except for a couple of times when I wanted to be carried… We let everyone go off first so we wouldn’t get in their way. Some of them were taking it all very seriously….and some of them looked very unattractive by the end…. As you can see David was not a vision in lycra… (much to everyone’s relief), and we set off at a steady pace…


I did the whole of the first lap properly (there were three to do).  As you can see by the clip at the end of lap one, I still had plenty of energy…


Lap two and three, I followed more of my doggie instincts…. I had some good conversations with fellow dogs who were out in Regents Park…. we also had a good look at the camels in London Zoo… I have never seen one before… and I didn’t bark at them as much as I do at horses… the monkeys were making strange noises… it was all very interesting and diverting…  so David and I didn’t stick quite to the track. Jen and Steve were real sticklers… and did the whole route….I heard Jen say “cheater”….perhaps it was something she saw in the zoo….at my age, you learn how to ignore comments you don’t want to hear…

But we did make it to the end of three laps…


I was sorry not to have done the race with Pam, but it was exactly the right decision. It was raining, and windy and cold…. If it was the day before it would have been so different. The real hero of the day was Jen…. can you imagine what it is like sitting in the cold on a scooter for two hours….her muscles seized up… literally… but she was  absolutely determined. If there is a hero of the day, it is her….

So this is my final plea… many people have told me they would sponsor me, and I haven’t seen the colour of their cash yet… you have a few weeks yet… you can send a cheque to Attend, or sign up on line…..for clients like Jen, Ann, Tony and Jamie who took part in the run, and for the residents of Amarna House, please spare a little…. I have no agents fees (although I could do with one) and no costs are being deducted…

… so lovely friends, it’s a good night from me…. until my next exploits…

No comments:

Post a Comment